Restore a Full, Attractive Smile with Dentures
Missing teeth can take the joy out of everyday life – from impacting your ability to enjoy your favorite foods to detracting from your confidence in your smile. Thanks to modern dentistry, today’s dentures look and feel more natural than ever before. Whether you are missing most or all of your teeth, dentures can restore the full function of your bite, while making your smile whole and attractive again. Dr. Michael Bixby is proud to offer traditional and implant-retained dentures at his Red Bank, NJ, practice that can help you live life to the fullest. Contact his practice today to find out about his denture options and how they can rejuvenate your smile.
For years patients have relied on dentures as a reliable way to replace an entire arch of teeth. Traditional dentures can restore your upper or lower dental arch, or both. The palette and gum portions of a traditional denture are typically made of pink acrylic, while the prosthetic teeth are fabricated from porcelain. Full dentures are held in place with natural suction and special adhesives. Countless people turn to this tried and true method to replace missing teeth. Traditional dentures offer several advantages:
- A treatment that requires no surgery or needles
- A quick and comprehensive method to replace missing teeth
- An effective way to fill out your face, which can appear sunken in due to tooth loss
- An easily removable appliance for convenient daily care
- An economical alternative to dental implants
The Absolute Best Support for Your Dentures
While traditional dentures remain a trusted way to fill out your smile, more and more patients are choosing dental implants to support their restoration. These small titanium posts are surgically implanted in the jawbone. Because the implants fuse with your bone, they create an incredibly stable base for your dentures. In fact, with the proper care, most patients can enjoy their implants for a lifetime. Some of the other reasons dental implants are gaining in popularity include:
- Dental implants provide a very natural look and feel to your dentures.
- Patients can chew and speak with the confidence that their dentures will never slip out of place.
- Implant-retained dentures can last for decades, making them an outstanding long-term investment in your health.
- These restorations can be cared for just like natural teeth.
- By performing the function of a tooth root, dental implants prevent the jawbone atrophy that accompanies long-term tooth loss. This not only maintains a youthful appearance, but also preserves the health of your jaw.
Selecting the Right Denture
Choosing one denture type over another is a personal decision that is best made in collaboration with an experienced dentist like Dr. Bixby. Working closely together, you and Dr. Bixby can discuss your health concerns, aesthetic ambitions, lifestyle factors, and treatment costs. He can also explain the different care instructions for each type of restoration. By weighing these considerations, you can select the denture that delivers lasting satisfaction in your results.
Schedule Your Consultation Today
If you are missing teeth, now is the time to restore the function and beauty of your smile. Schedule your consultation today to learn more about our dentures and other restorative dentistry procedures.